Friday, July 13, 2012

When It Rains...

July. The month it all goes haywire.

We are in the homestretch. I thought we were in the clear. The month of July doesn't seem to agree.

I spent the 4th of July at urgent care with Miss M. We did eventually make it out to the beach to see the great fireworks though.

Then this week alone: the AC went out. So I had the unit serviced. We must have stirred up an ant home and the next day I had them all over my ceiling in the kitchen and directly above the kitchen in my master shower.  FYI: Windex kills those suckers instantly.

The pest control company came out this morning and sprayed around the house again and put some sugar bait around where they are coming in. Hopefully, they will take it back home and it will kill them.

Last night, I was at a friend's house for dinner. We made it through dinner before the power went out. That was fun. I knew I had the flashlight app on my phone for a reason! No really, it was a good time. The kiddos all sat in the living room telling spooky stories. There's an orange pool noodle out there somewhere that will haunt them forever!

Last night, I came home to a downpour, which is very unusual for my neck of the woods in July. I LOVED it and I even got to hear some thunder!

Today was probably the hardest day for me though. There was a lot of activity on our street today. Our neighbors are moving out and are having a garage sale. He came over with his dog to ask for some cleaning supplies. Sadie and their dog, Aurora, love each other and love to run around and play. They played for a few minutes and then they went back home. When the doorbell rang again, I thought they had come back to ask for something else. It was actually the UPS guy with a delivery. I opened the door and Sadie shot out looking for Aurora. Dogs aren't like children. You can't tell them to lookout for cars. I couldn't see the car either because of the UPS truck. Sadie went running across the street and was clipped. I don't even think the driver realized he hit something because he never even stopped or slowed down. Of course he was driving too fast.

So yet another trip to an urgent care, but just for a different one of my babies. She will be just fine. She was favoring her left hind leg and not wanting to put weight on it at first and she had a few abrasions on the inside of her lower leg, Eventually though she put weight on it, meaning that it is not fractured or broken.  A few rounds of antibiotics and pain meds should help her feel better in no time.

Lil M helping take care of Sadie Bear

Rocking her pink bandages.


She does have the "Cone of Shame", but I haven't had to put it on her yet. She hasn't made any move to try and chew off the bandages.

 J and I had a scheduled FaceTime "date" today to discuss our travel plans for our trip back home when he's finally back, but I had to cancel. It was hard to leave a vague email about why I wasn't home, but I couldn't very well type "Sadie was hit by a car" and not be able to explain. I couldn't imagine him sitting thousands of miles away, stewing about it for hours until I could explain completely.

I am just  SO thankful that she's ok and that I hadn't opened the door 2 seconds earlier.

Friday the 13th, especially Friday, July 13th is historically a bad day for this family. Five years ago today I was in the emergency room with Justincredible. He was riding his motorcycle to school that day when he was cutoff by a FedEx truck that didn't see him. He ended up dumping his bike, got some awesome road rash, and broke his collarbone in two places. A surgery to fix it up with a metal bracket was next up on the list, followed by the surgery to remove said bracket about 2 years later.

Yikes!



In other news, the second round of Marines from Justincredible's unit have made their journey to sunny (read: 140 degree) A-stan. Please continue to keep all of them in your thoughts. We still have many, many friends over there working hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment