Monday, July 9, 2012

The Homestretch...Almost

You deployment veterans told me that this last little bit of deployment would be the worst. You were so right! Ugh, it's SO close, but yet still SO far. Everyday we're creeping closer and closer, but why can't time just speed up a bit!?!?

Each day my to-do list gets a little bit longer with the things I want and need to do (now is the perfect time to clean out J's closet, he won't know what's missing, right?!). I go back and forth between needing to get things done immediately and then realizing I still have a ways to go. "Gotta clean, gotta clean...wait, don't do too good of a job yet, you'll just have to do it again later!"

I did try the Pinterest cleaning pin of Vinegar and Dawn blue dish soap. If you think inhaling Scrubbing Bubbles is bad, I think inhaling hot vinegar is just as awful. And I'm not convinced that it did a better job. Slightly less toxic I suppose (my nose and eyes were running though). It definitely looks better, but I'm not sure it's as good as it could be. I see more scrubbing in my future. Boo.
http://lifecraftsandwhatever.blogspot.com/2012/01/dawn-vinegar-soap-scum-killa.html


Cleaning and shopping for the perfect homecoming outfit to wear have been my all consuming thoughts lately.

The M&M's are busy too. Miss M has started soccer and Lil M has a few weeks of swim lessons.

"Going underwater is not my favorite part." -Lil M

She loves the water, but still has a fear of it. I'm hoping these lessons will help her feel more comfortable. I think running them around will keep us all from staring at the calendar too. We are trying to book ourselves up with as many events as possible. Dinner. Bonfire. Beach Days. Whatever keeps us busy... and away from the heat!

The heat has finally come to my neck of the woods. Annnnddd the AC is out. I can't get my AC to stay below 80. Thankfully, it's been cool enough in the evening that I can open up the windows and put fans in to draw in the cooler air. The AC guy comes tomorrow to fix it up for us.

I am also anxiously awaiting that phone call from my sis to tell me that they're having their baby! Anytime now. I can't wait to see my newest nephew, hurry up little man! Pictures will have to do until Justincredible, the girls and I can get back home for some baby snuggles.

Until next time...wish me luck in my cleaning duties and that I find something nice to wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment