Wednesday, June 27, 2012

And We're Back!

It's been awhile, but I feel so much better after my mini-break! I tried to step away from the computer (it's hard, I feel like it's almost an addiction for me), but I did cut back a bit.

The M&M's went off to spend about 10 days with their Grandparents and their 4 cousins. My in-laws are saints to take on two 7 year olds, two 4 year olds, and two 3 year olds!  It was another successful year at Cousins Camp. Last year, Justincredible and I were able to take our own vacation and hangout in the mountains, but this year...well, you know. I was hesitant at first about having them go. What was I going to do all by myself for a week and a half?!

It. Was. Awesome.

I don't think I've been all by myself in oh, about 8 years. Sure, I've had the house to myself for a few hours, but not days and days like this.  At first I was lonely. It was so quiet. Thank goodness Sadie didn't go too or I would have had no one to talk to! She got some extra and needed attention too. We actually got to go for a run around the lake without  too many stops. I thought I'd sleep in, but Sadie still got me up in the mornings to let her out.  I also tried to stick to my gym schedule. I missed a day because working out with a really bad sunburn just didn't sound fun, but "Operation: Fry Myself" at the pool was definitely a success!

How could you resist staying out here in the water all day?!


Some other Highlights:

-I went to a wine tasting and did not have to bribe my kids to be still by letting them play Angry Birds on my phone.

-The Beach. I got to lay down AND read a magazine.

-An impromptu dinner with my girlfriends. So nice!

-I watched adult shows during the day...no waiting until the kids were asleep! Thanks to my friend, I am now fully caught up on the Newlyweds! Only about 6 years too late, but it was still fun to re-live.

-I was able to clean. I sorted through the M&M's rooms, deep cleaned the kitchen and the pantry.

I had originally had big, ambitious plans of painting and cleaning out the garage, but they fell to the wayside as I started enjoying myself a bit more.

Don't get me wrong, I did miss my girls very much (and there's a strict NO PHONE CALL policy for camp that drove me a little nuts in the evenings), but I feel like this break came at the perfect time. I could feel myself becoming more quick tempered with them. That is not the kind of mother I want to be.

Now that they're back we are all relaxed and ready for some summer fun. The beach, the zoo, the pool, climbing and playing on a giant blow-up replica of a sinking Titanic... seriously.

Celebrate what? This was the only image of it I could find!
 Pic from Google Images

And still counting down until we are a whole family again. Time keep ticking!

No comments:

Post a Comment