Monday, June 4, 2012

Over It.

I think I've hit a wall. I'm done. Over it. Over everything.

Miss M is finally almost done with school...THANK GOODNESS. I'm over getting up early to get everyone ready to go out the door. We have no bread, no jelly, no deli meat and a lost thermos so I can't pack soup or anything. She has NOTHING to pack for lunch. I think they would frown upon me for sending her with saltines and a bottle of water. So I've been digging through the change tin for lunch money.

Swim lessons will be over in a few weeks also. I'm glad that I won't have to go back to the gym an extra 3 times a week.

I need to take a tech break too (I know, as I'm writing this and subsequently posting it to FB...), but I am getting so annoyed and frustrated with it all. I am planning to cut back on my tech time and spend more time doing something fun with the girls, or at the pool or maybe doing some more of the things I've actually pinned on pinterest.

I'm really over everyone saying "Oh, we're getting closer!" Myself and J included. Yup, halfway done, but we still have a freakin' long time to go! It sounds good for about a minute and then we realize that yea, it's still a ways away. And that's depressing.

Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer, but I just really needed to get it all out! I feel like I'm just surviving day to day. I have my routine with the gym (which I realized the other day is the ONLY hour or two of the day that I'm completely kid-free) and here at home with the girls, but I'm drained and exhausted by the end of the day and even then I stay up way too late and then do it again the next day. Blah.

BUT, on the upside, I will get some me time soon when the girls head off to Cousin's Camp. My plan is to start getting things ready for J's homecoming. Maybe paint a little, as well as a few other chores I have in mind, but I am definitely going to spend a day at the pool or beach. With a book. I can actually read it because I won't be worrying about chasing kids all over the place. I also think that I'm going to do some sort of cleanse or juice fast. I think it will be easier when I don't have to worry about cooking meals for little ones. Hopefully it'll have some sort of magical, restorative powers that will make me feel better and I can hit the rest of this deployment head on and strong like I want to.


4 comments:

  1. As we've talked about before, I'm right there with you. People are working on my nerves, and time goes by too slow!!

    On the bright side, we do have each other to complain to and to keep each other laughing.

    I'm here for ya!!!

    Love ya girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're here with me. I really think I'd be bonkers by now! Love you!

      Delete
  2. I just keep a list of people that need a good kick in the shins. On the days where absolutely nothing makes it better, plotting my sneak kick attack helps a tiny bit.

    I'm at the 'over it' point. I'm pretty sure the only way to untangle the insanity of deployment is consuming alcohol with others after it's over.

    ...you free for drinks in a few months?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a celebration will be in order for sure! :D

      Delete