Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Love Letters


I saw this floating around pintrest and after I pinned it I had to go looking for them. We both kept all our letters. I've been re-reading some from J and they are pretty humorous now. Lots of "I'd be in sooooo much trouble if they caught me writing this right now..." Always the rule breaker, writing letters late at night when he should be sleeping. I loved him even more for it though, I craved those letters. I needed them. He even had one returned to him for not enough postage. He had grabbed up a seashell on a run and tried to mail it to me. He definitely got into trouble for that one! The next one had more postage on it. I still have that shell.
Tied up with boot bands of course!
 These are all the ones I sent to J. Just while he was in bootcamp. I wrote him every. single. day. I did the same thing through MCT, MOS School, Cobra Gold, OCS, and a little bit of TBS. I expected that I would write through this deployment more, but it really hasn't happened. With all the technology now, I get to see and talk to him everyday. I still send a few letters and such, but nowhere near what I used to. I feel a bit guilty! I suppose I had more free time back then... before babies and such.

I did manage to mail off a pretty cool anniversary package though, it turned out pretty cute and I hope it made his day!


It brought back lots of fun memories when I was sorting out the pictures to use. I gave him his very own countdown chain to use... he didn't want one before when the chain was HUGE, but now that it's getting smaller it's not so obnoxious. I also ordered some courage cakes. All you have to do is add water, heat it up and you have your very own, fresh cake! I tossed in some frosting and sprinkles for good measure too. I'm waiting to hear back on how good (or not) they are. 



2 comments:

  1. Would you mind if I mention you in my blog? I write specifically for women whose SO's are in bootcamp and I think this post might be good to mention

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please, share away! I hope your time is winding down, bootcamp was a hard time. I remember checking the mailbox everyday hoping for a letter!

      Delete