Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Green Machine

Today marks the 3rd time ever in my life that I've mowed a lawn. I must say I think I'm getting better and better. It's not something that I overly enjoy. I actually think of it as vacuuming the lawn since we have an electric mower that plugs in and I have to move the cord out of the way all the time. It is a bit of a pain, but I'm helping to keep our carbon footprint down, right?

I also had the palm trees trimmed this past week too. A helpful neighbor came over to do it for me. I got a letter from the HOA about them. Grrr. They even had a picture of the trees to document them (they're stalking me). I really don't like our HOA so I'm trying to keep under their radar as much as possible. I'm still dealing with our application to paint our house. I picked approved HOA colors, but apparently I didn't fill out the application right. It was painted last summer (shhh, don't tell). I hope it gets approved!!!  *Insert eye roll here* What a waste of time.

I have an alarm set to remind me to water it though. It's mowed, but keeping it alive is another story.

1 comment:

  1. I mowed our lawn today too!! There's nothing like the look of freshly cut grass through sweat stained glasses. Be proud of all you are doing on your own :)

    ReplyDelete