Monday, April 30, 2012

My Military Girls

April is the month of the Military Child. So, I figured I'd ask my M & M's a few questions about Justincredible's job and what it means to them. Lil M pretty much mimicked everything Miss M had to say.

-What is a Marine?

"A Marine is someone that loves everyone in the world...except the bad people. Then they fight the bad people so we can be safe. "

-The best thing about Daddy being a Marine is...

"He keeps us safe. Annnnddd, we get money."  <---- Seriously, she said that.

-And the worst (I'm sure you can guess):

"He has to be away for such a long time."

-What do Marines say?

Together very loudly: "OOH-RAH DEVILDOG!" (We have them trained pretty well).

I know my kiddos are still a bit too young to realize the tough job that their Dad has, and the tough job that they will have as we hop from one adventure to the next. Changing schools, leaving behind friends, making new friends, the list can go on and on I'm sure. 

My kids haven't had to experience any of this yet, but I'm hoping my military "brats" (I kinda hate that term) will learn to go with the flow and flourish the way I know they can. I feel that as a wife I will have to go through some of the same emotions that our girls will go through. I don't even want to THINK about having to say goodbye to my friends here. We all have to go to the next place together (are you listening USMC?!)!!

I hope all the Military Children out there felt the extra love this month. I'm proud of all of you and your resilience and strength to keep things together back here on the home front.

1 comment:

  1. I could have used these for my article!! So cute. And I agree, we all have to follow each other in this adventure (small Marine Corps, right?). I can't imagine not having you guys around me. It will be devastating.

    ReplyDelete