Some highlights from the zoo were:
Being eye-to-eye with a King Cobra Snake. This is one I wish I had the camera out for, it was like a staring contest with him. So cool.
Lil M being attacked by a monkey. Teeth bared and all, thank goodness for glass! There was a kid standing next to her who was making mean faces and antagonizing the monkey. So he got mad and I don't blame him! He proceeded to jump and attack the glass in front of every little kid standing against it.
Hippos are my favorite! We were stopped for yet another snack when we got to watch the baby hippo get up and go to the fence to play with his friend the Okapi next door. They were kissing and biting at each other and it was adorable.
My parents got us our zoo membership for Christmas the past few years and I can honestly say I think it's my favorite gift. We can go and spend a day at the zoo, but not feel so rushed to have to see everything. If we miss something we can always come back. It makes it so much more enjoyable!
The weekend was a great way to wrap up the break. My friend and I rented out beach cottages. We spent the weekend enjoying the sounds of the ocean (fog horns, sea lions, crashing waves, and wind), sweeping sandy floors almost constantly (it's hard to keep five kids from dragging in sand all day long), watching sunsets, and laughing. We had lots of laughs.
Saturday evening we put together an egg hunt for the kiddos. An idea taken from pintrest and we had our glow-in-the-dark eggs for the kids to hunt on the beach. They were so surprised and had a blast hunting them all down.
![]() |
| Beach Babies |
Many thanks to my friend who took most of the pictures over the weekend. I'm glad we were able to capture some of the fun on camera!




I had a blast and can not wait to do it again!!! We MUST do it again next Easter! :)
ReplyDeleteYES! I think we have a new tradition!
DeleteLove the egg idea. Pinterest did not fail you this time. :) Thanks for letting me enjoy some of spring break with you guys.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you were able to come and enjoy the beach with us!
Delete