The girls and I have just been trucking along, finally hitting our "groove". I've been going to the gym more regularly (5 days a week, YAY me!) in the mornings and I'm really proud of myself for that. I just can't wait until I actually see results of all my hard work. Miss M has started taking swimming lessons at the gym too. Three days a week for about 40 minutes after school. That gives me extra time to hit the elliptical, bike, treadmill... or just sit on the bench and read a magazine while I watch her out of the corner of my eye. I'm sure I'll get to one of those workout contraptions someday though.
Today my "something exciting" came along. After picking Miss M from school and running a few errands we came home to a roomful of bees. Angry, loud, buzzing bees. After my initial freakout and urge to run screaming from the house, my brain kicked back in and I was able to call our pest control company. They come and do a bi-monthly service for us because our city was built on an anthill.... we found that out the summer after we first moved in and Justincredible came home to a roomful of ants. So many ants he had to vacuum them up with a shop vac. Yeah, that was fun. Anyway, back to my current pest problem... our Bug Buddy came and after walking around outside for a bit he decided that they probably came into the house through the fireplace and then got stuck by the window trying to get back out. Most of them were starting to die off because they had lost their stingers slamming against the window, but he had to spray a few down. All in all, I think I swept up about 20 bee carcasses. That's a lot in my book. Oh, and no guarantees they won't come back. I'll have to see tomorrow and if they do, I will need to call in a bee specialist for help. That sounds
No comments:
Post a Comment