Friday, March 30, 2012

Baker Man, Baker Man...

...Bake me a (cup)cake!

After pilates today (I think it's my new fave class) I was approached by another gym member about a bake sale. She is raising funds for Wag Again K9. A nonprofit, no-kill dog rescue here in town.  I've been wanting to bake again for awhile so I couldn't resist. 

Of course, I always pick projects that seem to have incredibly short time frames. She needs to pick them up tomorrow for the sale on Sunday. Tomorrow is my busiest day of the week!! We are headed down to the bay to meet up with some friends that are in town visiting from CO. Then Miss M has a birthday party to attend. At Chuckie Cheese. Fun! <----- That was said REALLY sarcastically in my head.  These events along with my other errands I'm going to attempt will make for quite a long day. 

So here's what I was able to come up with today. 



I am my toughest critic, so I'm not too happy with these. I made vanilla cupcakes from scratch and they are a little dense. I feel like I missed an ingredient even though I triple checked the recipe. They still taste yummy, but are just a bit heavy. 

The pups are chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting. Super yummy (at least the M&M's think so).  PB frosting isn't as "sticky" though and I'm having a hard time keeping the ears on. 

Maybe if I can find some extra time tomorrow I may try to make a few cookies or something. I really love baking, but with Justincredible gone I have no one to bake for. I usually make him take them into work so  I don't have all the temptation in the house. And with the weather warming up in A-stan, I'm a bit worried to send anything that might melt or spoil.

And on a downer note... I did not win the mega millions. I don't even think I won a $1. SUCH a bummer, I had high hopes. 



1 comment:

  1. those cupcakes are AMAZING!! you are way to hard on yourself. And I bet they taste super yummy too!

    ReplyDelete