I also got a much needed break and got to head to the the salon for a haircut, no more split ends for this girl. One day I might actually get a real haircut and actually chop it off, but I always chicken out. J likes it long, so I keep it that way. Afterwards, I met up with a friend for a pedi and then we went out for a drink and dinner. It was SUCH a great time and my Strawberry-Basil Mojito was delicious. J told me to drink a drink for him, I guess he'll have to deal with a fruity mojito. I'm not a whiskey kind of girl.
After my MIL left, I had to get down to the Truffula Tree business. I admit that I procrastinated a bit and was still swamped with them by the time my sister came to visit 4 days later.
"Hi! I'm so glad you came to visit. Now, get to work wrapping all these marshmallows."
**I just want to add as a side note: My post about the trees was about 2 or so weeks ago, but Miss M's school had a furlough week, so she had no school the 18th through the 26th of Feb. So, I had no way of getting any supplies to start this endeavor until she went back to school on the 27th. I'm not THAT bad, I promise!!!**
"Hi! I'm so glad you came to visit. Now, get to work wrapping all these marshmallows."
**I just want to add as a side note: My post about the trees was about 2 or so weeks ago, but Miss M's school had a furlough week, so she had no school the 18th through the 26th of Feb. So, I had no way of getting any supplies to start this endeavor until she went back to school on the 27th. I'm not THAT bad, I promise!!!**
670 done in total and I could not have done it in time without my sister's help... along with all 4 Twilight movies and 3 deep into the Harry Potter series to keep me entertained while I worked. I love these "background" movies, I've seen them so many times I don't actually have to sit and stare at the TV to watch them.
Oh, and I had to do Miss M's book report float that evening also. Her whole grade level did a book report on their favorite Dr. Seuss book. Then they had to put them on wheels for a parade in front of the whole school. There were some really good ones! Miss M's was ok. We procrastinated a little on this too. I felt like I was back in school trying to get it done the night before! I'm hoping I don't pass these bad habits along to her.
Not my best work. There were floats in the parade where the parents obviously did most of (if not all of) the design, and I really wanted Miss M to do her own work. I'm proud of her Zizzer-Zazzer-Zuzz, as you can plainly see! (Yea, that's from the book, go read it).
Once Friday was behind us, we were able to have fun! We went to the Safari Park. We saw elephants wrestle and heard them trumpet, saw a Cheetah run 100 meters in 5.3 seconds, and watched a baby gorilla play. It was an awesome day. We ended the day with Killer Pizza From Mars... you just can't go wrong with that!
| I put my camera on the sport continuous setting to try to get some good shots. |
Sunday was another free day for me. My Sis spent the day with the girls while I went to the World of Wine tour with some other spouses from J's unit. We went to about 5 (out of 30) wineries in the valley that were offering wine tastings paired with food. We looked through the booklet and picked the wineries that we thought might have the best food. It was a really fun day, I hope to go again when they do it in the fall!
The last day of her mini vacation was spent doing the touristy things. First up, Kansas City BBQ. Home of...
We LOVE Top Gun. Love, Love, Love. I'm pretty sure I watched Top Gun almost everyday for about a year when I was little. So, of course we had to go there and get t-shirts. Food, not so much... J and I ate there once and it wasn't good enough to go back for a second time. Just for the nostalgia of knowing that a favorite movie of my childhood was filmed there. Plus, my friend and I have our very own Mav and Goose team.
![]() |
| Best. Costumes. Ever. |
![]() |
| I know you're singing "Playing With The Boys" in your head right now. Admit it. |
Thanks again to my MIL and my Sister for everything! We love you bunches!
If you need me, I'll be quoting Top Gun line by line as I watch it tonight. "I feel the need... the need for speed." "Ahh, Ha!"
If you need me, I'll be quoting Top Gun line by line as I watch it tonight. "I feel the need... the need for speed." "Ahh, Ha!"






No comments:
Post a Comment