Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Asian Elves

Not Elvis, though I've seen an asian one of those too...
Pic from Google Images

Elves. As in Santa's little helpers.  Miss M caught me off guard the other day at the toy store. "All these toys say 'Made in China'." 

Me: "Yup, China makes lots of things and sends them over here."

Miss M: "But it says that on the toys Santa brings us too, I thought the elves made all the toys?"

Me: ::Oh crap. Think, think!:: "Oh, ha ha. I don't know. Maybe he has a whole bunch of Asian Elves running around that help him too."  (Which honestly isn't too far off, considering I'm asian and pretty short).

I think she bought it! For now anyway, she didn't ask anymore questions at least. Phew! Crisis averted.

I'm hoping I can get a few more years of her believing in Mr. Claus.  J makes fun of me because I didn't catch on until late...like 5th grade. But I just wanted so badly to believe! Is that so terrible?

When did you stop believing? For those of you with older kids, when did they finally realize the ugly truth??

http://imgur.com




1 comment:

  1. Being the endlessly practical child that I was, I never really bought the whole "Santa" thing. He had the same handwriting as my Grandma, and left the price tags from Target on my stocking stuffers. I wanted to believe, so I kinda lied to myself for a few years, there. But I knew. Mu little brother, on the other hand, was like you. He believed until late elementary school. And I was always a little envious of his ability to just believe.

    ReplyDelete