I'm messy. Justincredible and I have had this discussion many, many times. My sister and parents can most definitely agree that this is one trait I've had FOREVER! I think it's because I'm creative and J may agree to a degree, but I worry one day he'll come home and flip out because once again I've made a mess. Being a stay-at-home mom, I really feel that the bulk of the housework is my responsibility and I hate to let him down. Honestly though, cleaning is not my forte. "You have to make a mess, to clean a mess" is something I always say as I begin my next attempt to try and organize.
Now that J is gone, I've realized just how messy this house is. We've been neglecting housework and chores to spend time together as a family. It's time to get this place cleaned up! I can put away the size 11 boots that I trip over right inside the front door....no one will be wearing those here for a while. And oh, I guess I have to take out the trash now, too. So, today I buckled down and did all the scrubbing and cleaning that's been needed for awhile. And really, IT FELT SO GOOD! I want to take pride in having a nice clean house. Where people can stop by unannounced and I won't be apologizing or feeling embarrassed for the mess.
But man, do I ever hate cleaning the bathroom. I'll put that one off until tomorrow...
And from my messiness, I also worry that I'm becoming too forgetful. J is always the one to rundown the mental checklist before we leave the house. "Did you get this, did you remember that..." and sadly, most of the time there's always one more thing I need to grab.
Case in point: I made my shopping list to head up to the commissary today (grocery store for all you non-military folk), got everyone packed up (I haven't left the kids yet!) and made it about a mile up the highway before I realized that I forgot the coolers. Nothing frozen will survive the trip home if I don't have 'em. So, I scratch the idea of the comm. and head to the regular grocery store. Where I have to pay tax. Ew.
I finish up my shopping, all my new cleaning supplies in tote and check-out. Oh, but wait...where's my bank card?!?! Yup, sitting right here on the desk at home. Thankfully, it wasn't my whole wallet sitting here at home, but I am still really mad at myself for being so forgetful! Next time I go to the store, I'll have to put some brain-boosting Omega 3's on the list...someone remind me please.
I'm kinda sloppy myself... but that just means that I was busy having FUN!! ha ha...at least that's what I tell myself :)
ReplyDeleteI almost get into a nesting phase when James leaves...I want to clean and organize everything right away! I'm trying to slow it down so I can have things to do over the duration of the deployment. But its so hard!
DeleteLauren,
DeleteI'm the same way!! I got through a nesting phase too. I'm already planning my purging and organizing of junk :)
Lol! So glad I'm not the only one! I cleaned out the closet today and pulled out lots of stuff to get rid of. Maybe these boys will come back to nice, clean, organized houses!
ReplyDeleteYAAAAYYYYY!!!! I'm so proud of you baby! You make me so happy. I PROMISE to try and be better when I get home to keep your system on track. LOVE YOU!!
Delete