We joined the gym last August, after many failed attempts on my part to workout at home (love the wii, but just not as effective... and I'd rather play Harry Potter Legos). I really love going and I was doing a great job of going almost everyday. Then house guests came, Thanksgiving rolled around, traveling for Christmas, trying to spend as much time together as possible, and then the pre-deployment meal requests. Yup, sushi and mexican all crammed into one day... won't be doing that again.
Now that things are starting to get settled though, it's time for me to go back. Before J left, we talked about our plans to get fit for each other. I don't want to let him down, plus we kinda have a bet on who can get into better shape. But I don't just want to get physically healthy, I want it all! Physically, mentally (I still need those omega-3's), and just overall in life and the way our home runs.
Most people make resolutions for the new year, but I didn't, I hardly ever do. But, since J's deployment coincides with the new year, I've come up with a few Deployment Resolutions to help keep me on track.
Here goes:
- Housework. I scoffed a little bit when J made up a chore list (months ago), but it has really come into play this past week. His chores were on there too, so I have a better grasp on things I need to do that are outside my norm. A pooper scooper is now on my shopping list.
- Eating. This is probably more essential and should be moved to number 1, but meh. Whenever J leaves, I tend to stop eating. And cooking actual meals. The girls love the endless supply of chicken nuggets, fish sticks, and tater tots with the occasional vegetable thrown in there for dinner, but I usually just find something little to snack on. I've been doing all right so far (only chicken nuggets once!). We sit and have the whole meal as a family and I try to pry any information I can about M's day at school out of her. Just like we would if J was here.
- Healthier eating. Of course, this is after I get rid of (i.e. eat) all the chips, soda, and whatever other junk is in the pantry (better hit that gym for 2-a-days). My goal is to stop drinking soda (this is really hard, I've tried before), and start having healthier food options in the the house for all of us. Thankfully, my girls love fruit, and a few choice vegetables, so those are in heavy rotation right now too.
- Gym time. My husband is gone for the next half of a year. I want to look
goodgreat when he gets back!!
- Have Fun. I miss J- A LOT, but that doesn't mean I should sit here and mope about it. I want to take the girls out and make lots of fun memories from this time too. We're temporarily missing a piece of our family, but it shouldn't hinder our ability to love and have fun- and we promise to take lots of pics J!
I'm sure there's more that I can't think of at this particular moment in time, but I think it's a pretty good start.
And many thanks to all of you who take the time to peek at my blog. I'm having a fun time writing this and I hope you're all enjoying reading it!
I get more and more proud of you every time I read this. I'm starting to get a little worried that I won't be able to meet the expectations when I get home! You and our girlies (Sadie-Bear included) mean the whole world to me and are the reason I'm able to do what I do. The way you are handling this first and longest time apart is amazing to me and I couldn't be happier with how you picked up and are running with it. It brings a joy to my heart and a relief to my worries to hear how your keeping our family healthy, happy, and safe. I couldn't have chosen a more wonderful, understanding, caring, or supportive woman to share my life with. All I have to do now is finish here and hurry my hopefully much-improved-more-in-shape buns home! But I know until then, you got this. That was cheesy...
ReplyDeleteyou guys are the sweetest things ... really! I think about the both of you daily
ReplyDelete