Friday, January 13, 2012

I'm a Blogger now!

All right, here goes nothing. I've decided to start blogging! This is primarily for you, Justincredible, with hopes that I'll write everyday as a running journal into our everyday lives as we breeze through our deployment. That's right, it's not just yours. We're a family and we do it together. I'm a little nervous about this blog, but excited too.  It's hard to put everything out there for the world to see.

"I got this" has become my new mantra, motto, whatever you want to call it. No whining (at least not too much) for this girl. A few deep breaths, my chant in my head and I can do it. I'm writing this on day one, so we'll see down the line how this holds up.

I'm not sure if it's harder to be the person who leaves, or the people you leave behind. I've been on both ends and it really stinks either way. I know J's not leaving to go on some glamorous vacation, but I still wish I could be with him. It's been a long time since I've carried my phone room-to-room, just waiting for a call.  My oldest of the M & M's is having a hard time.  She's ok until the night comes, then she misses her daddy so much it hurts. As much as I'll try, I'm not sure I can fill those shoes. Younger M is serenely oblivious, still happily playing and running and asking me for a snack every 5 minutes. I'm pretty sure it's a good thing- I'm not sure I could handle 2 sobbing little girls without joining them.

I've heard the inevitable, "after he leaves, something will break." I had no idea it would come so soon! Mere hours after J's departure, I opened the back door to let the dog out. I tried to close and lock it, but, the lock won't turn. And as much as I tinker with it, it's still not working. So, at least the stick is jammed in the track so no one can open it...baseball bats and other weapons abound in a Marine's home, so just let someone try. ;)

Oh, and today I let Sadie out to do her business... she stepped in it and brought it back in with her. Poopy paw prints all over the floor. Awesome. But hey... I Got This! (and mopping the floor was totally on my to-do list anyway).


6 comments:

  1. Oh, and a special thanks to my sis for helping to name my blog. xoxoxo Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first post! And it's a great one. I'm so proud of you. And I hope this blog not only helps you, but helps others - like myself - learn from your experience.

    I know that with time, and a steady routine, things will get better. You do have this! Can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You "do have this!" If I can get through a deployment, anybody can. Of course there will be days like you had today and there will days where you will surprise yourself on how capable you are of everything. We are here if you need anything. We would be happy to have playdates!! Hang in there. I look forward to many more posts from you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. I look forward to reading future ones as well as helping you (and you helping me) get through this tough time together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to read more! You got this!

    ReplyDelete