Friday, January 27, 2012

Miss M has Got This!

Today, most of this blog come from the mind of Miss M. Each day is different and some a bit harder than others. There's a father/daughter dance coming up at her school and it makes me really sad that J won't be here for that. M hasn't mentioned it at all yet though, so I'm not sure what her thoughts on the subject are. Yesterday, there were lots of "I miss Daddy" coming from little voices around the house. But, at the dinner table last night, Miss M said, "You know, there are some good things about Daddy being gone too." So, we decided to make a list.

It's ok Because...


  • We can watch movies he doesn't like- I completely agree with this one! I get to watch my shows whenever I want to. I'll be catching up on all the gooey, sappy, girly movies on Netflix.
  • We can do manicures and pedicures and other girly things- Now we won't mess up our nails. There's a lot less wrestling and tickle fights going on around here nowadays.
  • We won't kick him when we sleep (sideways) in his bed- RIIIIIIGHT, now they can kick me!
  • We still miss him, but we have our Daddy Dolls to protect us- They take them EVERYWHERE and I love that they can bring some comfort to my girls when J is so far away. I also love that they end up in some very silly places! I've started to take pics to document where Daddy Doll J ends up sometimes...


Upside down in a cupholder...
Helping me blow out my birthday candles.

She also had a few extra reasons why it's sad also. Miss M says it's sad because:

  • He's missing her Birthday
  • He's not here to make bacon and dippy eggs- Breakfast is NOT my strong suit in the kitchen. I'm embarrassed to admit this... but the dog will go and cower in the corner if I'm at the stove and bacon is cooking. I, without fail, will set off the smoke alarm every time, which scares her to death. 
  • He always makes us laugh and he gives the BEST hugs- This is true. J and the girls are constantly wrestling around and he can always cheer us up when we're feeling low. I hope I'm doing an ok job filling in for him. 
I must say, I've never been more proud of Miss M than in the last few days. She is becoming more and more independent by the day and it is incredible to watch. I went to the store yesterday and we came home with a few bags of groceries and a few things that I needed to put away in the garage. I asked M to help me by taking the grocery bags in. When I came in, she and Lil M were unloading and putting away the groceries!  That evening at dinner, she took it upon herself to get drinks for all of us too. These are just a few of the things she's starting doing lately, but to have just few of these mundane tasks taken off my hands has been such a help. I love her so much and I'm so proud of the person she's becoming.

And I saved her best words for last. Her number one reason why it's ok that Daddy is away:

"He's fighting the bad guys so they can't hurt us." 



















3 comments:

  1. Excellent post!! Miss M is doing an amazing job. When I visited with you guys last weekend I noticed how much your little ones where helping, and how positive they are being. You are truly blessed with those two.

    I had to laugh out loud seeing J in the cup holder! Those dolls were a great idea. Something to keep in mind for myself... I might want one of A!

    And I got to say, I too am enjoying the fact I can watch whatever I want! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not at all surprised that Miss M is handling this so well... she's got an amazingly strong mommy who is role modeling for her! I still getting goosebumps from every blog entry entry you write... they are so honest and genuine and really touch the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working today... the room was fairly quiet when I errupted in laughter at seeing the other J- upside down in the cup holder. The girls never cease to amaze me-Love you all! (For some reason, it keeps signing me in as Mark...)

    ReplyDelete