I have been asking J for a while now if he'd be interested in writing a guest blog (mostly because I feel like sometimes I'm just boring and have nothing new to report) and he did! Maybe I can get him to do it again and talk about himself a little bit more next time. :) Anyway, enjoy!
Hello from Afghanistan! The month of May is an important time for Jen and I normally, but especially this year. May is the month that my beautiful wife and I started our journey together, first as a couple and later as man and wife. THIS year, it also signifies that I'm about half way done with this deployment on the downhill slope for the return home, and I can't even begin to describe the feeling I get when I think of getting to hold my M&Ms and Jen again. 11 years together, 8 years as husband and wife. I could say the old "we've had our ups and downs", but that would be a lie. We only have ups with some less ups mixed in. I wouldn't be half as "Justincredible" if I didn't have someone as wonderful and as supporting as Jen behind me holding me up and encouraging me every step of the way. She's given me love, she's given me laughter, she's given me friendship, and she's given me two little girls who give me all the “payback” my mom says I deserve...I’m sure she’s referring to the joy that I brought her.
This being my first deployment, it’s not exactly what I thought it would be. It’s a lot harder than I ever imagined it would be. The monotony of doing the exact same thing every day, without a break for 6 months, coupled with how stressful that same thing can be, combined with being apart from those that are the entire reason I am here makes for a pretty cranky me. On the other hand, I have to remember that I am here making a difference and that this organization is providing for me and my family, so I do believe the term “SITFU” definitely applies here. We’ll get through this.
I do have to say that I am incredibly impressed and proud of how well the peas to my carrots is handling this whole ordeal. She’s a CHAMP! She deals with 2 young girls all day everyday, makes sure they are healthy, happy, and behaving(?). Additionally she is taking on ALL of the household chores that I left behind on top of a few that pop up. She also is taking charge of her own well being and has been sticking to a VERY rigorous work out schedule and is getting fit. These are just a few of the things wonder woman is taking care of, as I’m sure I’m missing quite a few. And despite all of that, she always has time to listen to me and how my day is going and have a warm smile waiting when we’re able to Skype. I’m not sure she knows how much just being able to see her helps me through my day here. Anyway, I wanted to take the opportunity to guest blog and let everyone know just what a special and wonderful woman Jen is. If you’re following her blog I’m sure you already have an pretty good idea. Happy Mother’s day to all the Mommies out there and Happy Anniversary to Jen. You’ll always be my baby-girl and the other half of my soul. Take care everyone. I’LL SEE YOU SOON!!!!
Absolutely loved this! Made me tear up a little bit and I strive to have a relationship like yours! Happy Mother's Day Jen! We look forward to your safe return Justin!
ReplyDeleteVery Nice! Miss you guys! Take care and be safe.
ReplyDelete