Sunday, May 13, 2012

My First Mother's Day

I only have one clear memory of my very first Mother's Day.  Laying on the bed playing with Miss M while chatting on the phone with my in-laws. I picked up Miss M and held her up, airplane style.

She spit up. On my face.

Justincredible laughed.

I cried.

He spent the day trying to get back into my good graces. He changed every diaper that day. And a tradition was born. For every Mother's Day after that I got a diaper free day. And every Father's Day was his free day, though I did secretly wish he would be spit up on.

Now that our girls are out of that stage, we will have to come up with some new traditions. This year, with a little help from Daddy and my MIL, the M&M's are taking me out to dinner. We'll get dressed up and spend the afternoon out and about having fun, eating dinner, and of course, eating some ice cream since it is Sundae Sunday!

A special Happy Mother's Day to my Mom and Mother-in-Law. You both are such wonderful, loving people and I have learned so much from you both. You've helped me become the mom I am today, I hope  I make you proud.

First Mother's Day, after I cleaned myself up. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment