Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Finally! Some Houseguests!

My Mother-in-law is coming!  I have some friends who would cringe at the thought, but I am so excited.  I am really a lucky one to have such a great relationship with her and my father-in-law.

I've been trying to get organized and cleaned up all week. The cleaning maniac I had turned into disappeared about 2 weeks ago. So, the rest of today will be spent finishing up the rest of the cleaning... so she won't do it.  I'm pretty sure the last time she was here, she "mopped" my bathroom floors while we were out. I use the term "mopped" loosely though, because I'm pretty sure I didn't have a mop at the time and she used a sponge.

I really appreciate her willingness to help us out, but I hate the thought of her doing the housework when she is on vacation! The only thing I really need help with this time will be to help me fix my shower.  There were a few loose tiles, so I pulled them off. I really should've just duct taped them and tried to forget about it, but I was nosey and I pulled them down. After doing that and talking to my bro-in-law and dad about pulling down more tiles (to check for mold, ew), replacing green board, grout, caulk, etc., etc. I REALLY wish I had just duct taped it, ha! But, Mom-in-law to the rescue. She's done this before! After her visit I'll be able to use my own shower again. Yay!

I'm also planning to sneak out for a few hours to myself. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my free time away from the M&M's, but I'm thinking a pedicure and maybe a haircut. A little pampering sounds incredible.

We have some outings for the girls planned as well. Miss M's birthday is this week, so we have a HUGE surprise planned for her. She's so excited for her Grandma to be coming, it's pretty much the only reason she's willing to celebrate her birthday. Miss M bounces back and forth between being so excited and then not wanting to celebrate at all because Daddy isn't here. J has already promised to make it up to her when he gets home.

On the Daddy topic, the girls have found a new fun place for their Daddy Doll to turn up.

Spike spit J out... he must not taste good! It was pretty funny and had all of us laughing.




No comments:

Post a Comment