Me: "Ok..."
M: "It's wocked (locked), Mama. It can't open it."
Me: "Ok..."
M: "Sadie's in there!"
Me: "Oh. Awesome."
When we moved into this house, I distinctly remember telling Justincredible, "That's dumb, why would someone put a lock like this on a bedroom door. We should fix this soon." Guess what we never got around to? Until today.
Lil M was one when we first moved in, but now as a three year old, doors hold so much more appeal. The M&M's are constantly shutting their doors, rather forcefully sometimes (I thought that wasn't supposed to happen until they were teens and then we threaten to take the doors away). No matter how many times I tell them to not play with them or lock them, it's lost on their little ears.
Lil M's door has a "real" lock on it, not a cheap one that you can pick with a bobby pin...like MY bedroom door. You need a key. Like you'd use for your front door. We never got one when we moved in.
Anyway, I tried my hardest to jiggle it loose. I even tried to be like a super secret spy and use a credit card. No good. I finally had to break down and call a locksmith to rescue Sadie Bear. He said it was a smart lock (whatever that means) and there was no way for him to just pick it and open it. He had to drill the lock out! One destroyed doorknob later and Sadie was free. I bought another one, but I'm not really in any hurry to put it on the door.
As I was running out the door to go look for a new doorknob and run a few more errands, I got one more surprise. This one was a good one though.
We don't usually make a big deal out of Valentine's Day so this took me by complete surprise! Tulips, lilies, and some baby roses for the girls. Simply beautiful and they made my day a lot brighter.
But of course, my day had to get a bit more out of the ordinary. While out, I got a call from Miss M's school. It was the school nurse calling to tell me that Miss M was "fine", but she had to be taken off the play field at recess in a wheelchair. REALLY?!?! WTH?!
Really, she was just fine. As soon as she got home she was running around doing somersaults, but apparently she ran into the fence at school and hurt her legs...weird. Just a weird day full of ups and downs. But, I'm learning to just go with the flow. Whatever happens will happen and we'll deal with it then. Just please cross your fingers that I don't have to deal with any broken bones while J is gone! I've never had any, so I was a bit freaked when the nurse first called me!
After this whole eventful morning, I got to calm things down a bit by being crafty. Miss M has a little Valentine's Day party at school tomorrow so I spent the afternoon decorating cookies. I really love baking and decorating. I hope people enjoy looking at them (and eating them) as much as I enjoy making them! These ones are for kiddos so I have no worries that they won't be devoured! We also made these marshmallow pops over the weekend. They turned out pretty cute as well. Strawberry flavored marshmallows topped with random goodness (coconut, mini chocolate chips, sprinkles, etc). Mmmm.



Oh MY!! You have an amazing ability to stay calm. I would have freaked out! But, you really are supermom.
ReplyDeleteLove the flowers from J, and you are a baking Goddess!
Thanks!
DeleteYou do great baby, whether I'm there or not. I'm so proud and love you so so much.
ReplyDelete