In honor of Valentine's Day, I've come up with just a few (of the millions) of reasons that I am so head-over-heels in love with one Justincredible guy. I tried to keep it light and funny and not too emotional (don't want you to gag on how sappy and lovey-dovey we can be). Here are just a few of the reasons he makes my life brighter!
10.
The man is fearless.
I only know a handful of guys (all Marines, of course!) that would jump at the chance to wrestle alligators.
J jumped into water and onto the back of this DINOSAUR, looped the rope around his neck and proceeded to drag this 9 foot alligator to land. His name is Chompers and he is not a friendly. I repeat, NOT a friendly. And he did it more than once that weekend. (The water in the background is their swimming hole...and by "their", I mean about a hundred gators just chillin' out). I blame my gray hairs on this one.
9.
He has a way with words.
His pick-up line? "Hey, it looks like you've lost some weight!" Um, thanks?
When I was pregnant with Miss M- "I can't wait until you aren't pregnant anymore." I really thought he'd say something sweet afterwards like, "I can't wait to see you as a mom and meet this baby." Nope, when I asked why... "because I can't wait to body slam you on the bed again." Awww, isn't he so sweet?! I guess that's what I get for marrying a wrestler/bjj/mma fighter, huh?
8.
The guy can sing.
Who's' the karaoke superstar champ of Royal Caribbean's Enchantment of the Seas? Yea, I'm married to that guy!
He even won us a bottle of champagne...and a lunchbox! Miss M thinks he's famous because he's on YouTube.
7.
He is funny.
If you watched number 8, you already know this!
He makes me laugh. Every. Single. Day.
Even when we're 7,450 miles apart.
6.
He is focused.
He knows what he wants, and by golly he'll find a way to cheat the system and get it. That's why he's had 5 different cars in the last 7 years. Sometimes a sore subject, but I admire his desire and drive to get things going in his favor.
5.
He is warm.
All the time. Like a furnace. I have cold feet. All the time. Like ice cubes. Even in July. I can't fall asleep until my feet are warm. Guess who offers up his nice, warm tummy? Not J, I have to force him to do it, but he lets me do it anyway and I love him for it.
4.
He takes care of us.
I don't just mean financially, though I do feel that I am so incredibly lucky to be able to stay home with my girls instead of working to pay for daycare. I mean, he takes care of us. Loves us unconditionally. Makes us feel special. He makes sure that we're taken care of emotionally as well as physically. Ok, maybe getting too gooey here... He makes me bacon! Crispy without burning it. I haven't had bacon since J left and I'm thinking I'm going to have to attempt it this weekend. I apologize to Sadie ahead of time if I set off the smoke alarm.
3.
He is a GREAT Father.
This separation has been hard for all of us. But Miss M especially. She misses her daddy more than I can probably imagine. But he's still here for her, every week helping with her homework and spelling words across the miles. He's busy over there and I really adore him for the fact that unless it's impossible because of a military blackout, he will call us everyday. Some might think it's excessive. I think it's amazing.
2.
He is my best friend.
He's my biggest cheerleader. He listens to me. Just "gets" me, I suppose. We can talk about anything or nothing at all and it's been a great day just spent with him. I know that he'll give me an honest opinion, whether I like it or not. I can offer up my opinions and critiques too, without hurt feelings. We really do go together like Peas and Carrots. We even have a secret handshake. If that's not BFF worthy, I don't know what is.
1.
He loves me.
Good days. Bad Days. No make-up days, yikes! He makes me feel pretty, and safe, and so very loved. My heart gets so light when I see him come through the door in the evenings. And my heart is near to bursting when I watch him with the M&M's. Those are the times when I just sit back, smile, and think to myself, "What a life I have. I am SO happy. So lucky."
I suppose I could go on and on, but somethings are just to share between these two souls alone.
Happy Valentine's Day across the miles, J.
I love you more than all the stars in the sky.
XOXOXO

This is such a cute post!
ReplyDeleteGreat post. I thought I should do something like this today as well. This makes me really miss J as well. He really is one of a kind.
ReplyDeleteI love love love this Jenn! Love you and happy Valentine's Day
ReplyDelete:') Thank you. You're able to put words to things that I can only feel for you and our family the very deepest corners of my soul and heart. I was smiling the whole time I was reading this, then overcome with how true it all is in regards to you as well. I think our marriage is special because you aren't just my wife. You're my partner and best friend. With you I can do anything, and for you, I would. I love you so much and can't wait to give you and the girlies the biggest hug. And to the rest of you, I was STONE SOBER for that karaoke. Just think how bad I would be with a few drinks in me. LOVE FROM A-TOWN!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Everyone! Hope we made you smile today! Happy Valentine's Day!
ReplyDelete