Wednesday, February 8, 2012

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

I have new neighbors! They seem super nice and they have kids around the M&M's ages. So, fun! Except, I'm so jealous. The hubs manages a distribution company...from his couch, er house, I mean. He's always home. It makes me miss Justincredible a lot. I see this guy everyday, out doing something in his garage. I swear, he's washed his car the last 2 days in a row!  I stare at our 2 dirty cars in the driveway and I'm just reminded of one more task that used to be J's, but is now mine for the time being. That's ok though, I'll take 'em to the carwash and get them detailed.

The wife is sweet. And Swedish. And tall. And blond. Did I mention, Swedish? Where all these beautiful, blond, tall models come from? Sorry, just my insecurities talking here.

If this doesn't push me to get to the gym more, I'm afraid nothing will, hahaha!

No, really, I'm very excited that they're here. We have no friends within walking distance to us and I'm hoping we can get to know them better and start a new friendship. When we moved in, I'd had daydreams of being welcomed into the neighborhood. Didn't happen. Everyone kept to themselves. There was only one really nice man that introduced himself, and we were so sad when he moved away.

So I made sure I was the one-woman welcoming committee. A plate of "award-winning" oreo truffles (yup, I won the cook-off at J's unit, no biggie) and cookies in hand, the girls and I went over to say hello. We will give them a few more days to get settled in before we start bugging them too much, but the girls are super excited for new friends in the neighborhood. And I'm excited I have new friends to bake for!

1 comment:

  1. I know I'm not your neighbor, but you can always bake for me :)

    ReplyDelete